I cannot believe that the calendar page will turn over so soon and it will be FEBRUARY! Where has the time gone? I know that your time is precious, so here is the list of guests to be on Learning and Laughter this month!!
ALL SHOWS AIR ON WEDNESDAY MORNING FROM 9-10 a.m. Eastern Standard Time
Feb. 3rd- Denise Graab from Education.com The topic is multiculturalism. Raising a family in a bilingual/bicultural home. And yes, that includes a home that communicates with American Sign Language. (Of course that would figure since I do know a little something about Signing and Families)
February 10th- Friendship Puzzle with Sondra Brassel and Julie Coe. It is my privilege to have the author and illustrator of this amazing book on our show. Their story based on a friend's experience discusses acceptance and inclusion of a child with Autism. You will love this book. I have posted their link to Amazon. The foreword is by Dr. Rebecca Landa. Suggestions and activities for parents and educators are included.
February 17th- Lisa Densmore. Professional athlete and director to a new PBS special about teen and sex. What a powerhouse of a woman we will have on this show.
February 24th is dedicated to GREAT KIDS. We will be having on the show some amazing kids who are truly giving of themselves, their time and in some cases, their own money. This show will demonstrate to the listeners what is RIGHT with our youth!
Now here is the news on all of the SIGNING FAMILIES/ Louise Masin Sattler's workshops and products:
OUR AVAILABLE DATES for WINTER 2010 are nearly sold out for workshops and guest speaking engagements.
We are NOW booking what few dates are available during the Spring. SUMMER and FALL also have some dates open. (We always encourage schools to book ASAP)
Our DVD- SIGN LANGUAGE FOR EMERGENCY SITUATIONS will be available on a variety of online and box stores by early April (and perhaps before).
Over 100 signs in English and then again voiced in Spanish. With ASL used throughout the movie. Open captioned to learn the words in print, as well. Perfect for FIRST RESPONDERS/RESCUERS/ HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS / EDUCATORS, etc.
Included is a Sign Expressions Mini-Language Chart in ENGLISH, SPANISH and ASL that has the most important of signs and words to use during an emergency. (Shout-out to Rick Weiss at Design Media Pros!) See below for our sample chart. It is easy to hold and can be purchased separately. They will be $2.49 each or 10 for $20. Orders larger than 20 is reduced. Ask for more information. (Shipping is free in the 50 states and Canada!) If you wish to purchase the charts separately please email me at info@SigningFamilies.com We will have this up on the SigningFamilies.com website, too.
Here is the cover label to the DVD:
Twitter / Louiseasl
Support the Haiti Disaster Relief Effort
- Join this blog, get one of the mini-charts for ***...
- New Month, New Guests, New products!
- Keith Wann Video Blog (VLOG) for Learning and Laug...
- Jeni Stepanek will be on Learning and Laughter- We...
- Looking for "Groupies"
- "What's Up with My Family?"- Another great book by...
- Why I created - "SIGN LANGUAGE FOR EMERGENCY SITUA...
- I am a "multi-blogger"
- Learn about Education.com with Kat Eden!
- Learning and Laughter with Louise! December 30, 2...
- Happy 2010
- ▼ January (11)
- Welcome! Like many, I wear a lot of different 'hats' - Psychologist - Entrepreneur (Signing Families) - Disaster Preparedness Trainer - Educational Consultant and Social Media Expert via 411 VOICES.Media requests: Please use the contact form via 411 VOICES or email: Speakers@411VOICES.comNo 'hat' more important than MOM!